PUBG Mobile 1.0 updates news for Android and iOS
UPDATE: PUBG Mobile update 1.0 has started rolling out globally and will be available to download everywhere by the end of today, September 8, 2020.
It should be noted that PUBG Mobile is among the banned apps in India and this is expected to affect the rollout of the latest patch from Tencent in the region.
Full patch notes have also been released and can be found at the bottom of this article, highlighting all the big changes in PUBG Mobile 1.0, including the new Erangel 2.0 map.
ORIGINAL: PUBG Mobile update 1.0 is launching this week and is set to include some important changes for the game, as well as the release of the Season 15 Pass Royale. One of the most eye-catching changes is the launch of the revamped Erangel map, which will boast new visuals and POIs, including forgotten trenches, tree-trunk barriers, abandoned tanks and bunkers. The models and texture quality are also being improved, with Tencent hoping that the improvements will “give battles a more realistic feel, such as buildings and environment textures, particles, smoke, air blasts, muzzle flashes, and the scope interaction. The “Ultra HD” function can be unlocked for the highest graphic quality.”
Tencent are also planning a number of other changes away from new content, including new anti-cheat measures.
This will target various plug-in software, auto-aim and other hacks, and add new upgrades to existing preventative systems.
A message from Tencent explains: “Since earlier in the year, “Plug-In Z” has allowed cheaters to kill other players immediately after parachuting, causing initial gameplay to be severely altered.
In early July, the plug-in was successfully countered, and the corresponding accounts have been penalized as well. In the latest version, the counter has also upgraded to strengthen the defense.
“Similarly, jail-broken Android devices with Plug-In M, which in the past allowed for unfair behaviors such as “Zero Recoil, “Zero Screen Shake”, “Auto-Aim”, “Vision Expansion”, and “Fog Removal”, have also been identified. Cheaters caught using these plug-ins have received ten-year bans on their accounts.
“For fairness in weapon aim, in PUBG MOBILE Version 1.0, the anti-cheat team focused on identifying and successfully removing approximately 20 different methods of auto-aim and increased the penalty of auto-aim hack at the same time. Additional methods are continually monitored and addressed through updated detection protocols.
“The ongoing “Grass Hack,” which provides cheaters with an unfair visual advantage in battles, has also been eliminated. Existing security systems that identify this behavior now include increased security for prevention.”
One of the more surprising announcements from Tencent this week is that the upcoming PUBG Mobile update will be relatively small to download.
According to the PUBG Mobile support team, the new update will require very little extra space on Android devices, and 1 GB of additional storage space for iOS.
They have also warned that gamers will not be able to play together if they are running different versions of the game.
This can happen with PUBG Mobile due to how new patches are released region-by-region, leaving some players on a different version of the game to their friends.
PUBG Mobile 1.0 is rolling out now
PUBG MOBILE UPDATE TIME
Developers Tencent has confirmed that PUBG Mobile update 1.0 has a release date set for Tuesday, September 8, 2020.
The new download will be going live across all platforms during this time, including gamers on Android and iOS.
When it comes to a worldwide PUBG Mobile update release time, Tencent has not provided one.
New patches are usually released region-by-region, meaning that some Android and iOS users will get it before others.
This usually starts at around 1am ET, or 6am BST, if you live in the UK.
The good news is that this week’s PUBG Mobile update will not require servers to go offline, meaning there will be no downtime or maintenance period.
Tencent has also confirmed that Royale Pass Season 15: BEYOND A.C.E. will be available to unlock on September 14.
PUBG MOBILE 1.0 PATCH NOTES
Updated the sky, land, water, and vegetation to be more realistic and detailed
Changed the structure of some buildings.
Large Resource Point Changes
- Mylta Power: Mylta Power has been remodeled with a new building layout to make resource points closer to one another for more unexpected developments in battle.
- Quarry: Improved the terrain structure, adjusted the layout of buildings, added 7 new large warehouses, and added landing points for even more looting options.
- Prison: Adjusted the terrain structure to add more walls in the surroundings. Adjusted some building layouts to give everyone new tactical options.
- Adjustments to other resource points in the Play Zone: Added a number of resource points in the Play Zone.
New Map Elements
- Added trenches, wooden barricades, abandoned tanks, and constructions as cover to create a more compelling battlefield atmosphere across Erangel which will make new tactics and strategies possible.
Building Structure Changes
Adjusted the structure of some urban areas to give players an even better experience when attacking and defending. Some buildings now feature basements, and players will have to smash the wooden door of the basements with their weapons before they can enter.
- New firearm: M1014
- All-new semi-automatic shotgun. Load up to 7 rounds for an outstanding close-quarters combat experience.
- It can be equipped with the Shotgun Muzzle or Bullet Loop attachment and is currently the most efficient Shotgun to use in combat.
- Ammo can be manually reloaded which allows everyone to adapt to emergencies that might catch you by surprise.
- Only appears on Livik on the Classic Battle Royale Map and Arena, along with other shotguns.
Visual Effects Improvements
- Improved accuracy of rock textures with smoother graphics.
- Improved display of water textures with smoother graphics.
- Improved display of details when Monster Truck is seen from a distance.
- Improved display of waterfalls with smoother graphics.
- Improved close-up display of waterfalls.
- Improved effects during landing.
Stage Balancing Adjustments
- Reduced advantages of the scaffolding opposite the waterfall.
- Increased water depth above the waterfall.
- Slightly increased the density of vegetation in the upper left area.
- The large boat is replaced with a speedboat, which refreshes, and can be used in narrow waterways.
- Minor changes to supply drops.
- Adjusted grass distribution.
- Fixed bugs with clipping, floating objects, and gaps in the terrain.
- Fixed a problem with Monster Truck becoming stuck in walls.
- Fixed a problem with trees disappearing.
Beyond A.C.E.-Themed Gameplay
Some mysterious Energy Towers survived the Implosion and remain on Erangel. Players will be able to redeem supplies at these Energy Towers by meeting certain conditions in combat.
During the event, players have a chance to enter this mode during Erangel matchmaking in Classic Mode.
Security Performance Improvements:
- Improved and expanded the scope of spectators’ enemy visibility detection.
- Fully upgraded technology solutions, and added a penalty strategy to target the newest plug-ins/cheaters.
- Improved the process and tools for the release and launch of the security policy to react and combat new hacks more swiftly.
- Improved the impact of security monitoring on performance, and reduced power consumption and lag caused by security monitoring.
Graphic Quality Upgrades
- Improved the skin textures and facial details for players’ character models.
- Improved the accuracy of hair on players’ characters to make it look more natural and layered.
- Improved ease of switching between actions in mobile mode.
- Improved display of gun-checking during standby.
- Improvements for more natural transitions between animations during parachute drop and landing.
Visual Effects Improvements:
- Improved building and terrain transitions between zones for better blending.
- Improved quality of lighting, giving vegetation and the sky a more layered look.
- New water surface optimizations, with reflections and gradual changes at the coast.
Character Items Improvements:
- More accurate models for weapon sights
- Improved display of crosshairs for holographic, red dot and optical sights, new parallax adjustment effect.
- Improved shell ejection animations while firing, new blast effect, and stronger firing feedback.
- Most cellphone models can now support 90 FPS
- Made improvements to target a lag issue that is triggered the first time a player hits another player in battle.
Royale Pass Season 15
- New theme with new rewards! BEYOND A.C.E is here!
- UI layout improvements: Players can now switch tabs on the right side of the screen instead of the top for greater convenience.
- Improved reward display: New key visual preview of level rewards, new preview of unpurchased rewards, and previews of newly added crate items
- Improved voucher exchange: Pay directly in the voucher window.
- Improved RP point accumulation: RP points acquired between seasons will automatically convert to ordinary point cards.