Donald Trump Twitter: When will Trump be allowed back on Twitter and Facebook? | World | News

Donald Trump is the 45th US President, but he failed to win a second term in November meaning that on January 20, his Democratic opponent Joe Biden will be sworn in as the next US President. In protest of the USA election result, pro-Donald Trump protesters swarmed the Capitol building in Washington DC in violent scenes in which four people died. Mr Trump faced accusations about inciting the violence at the Capitol, prompting Twitter to suspend his account. But when will he be allowed back on Twitter and Facebook?

The US leader on Wednesday asked his supporters to march towards the Capitol building in protest.

These individuals were protesting against the outcome of the result of the 2020 US election.

Protesters argued the result should be overturned and chose to argue ahead outside the Capitol building where lawmakers met to confirm the appointment of the President-elect.

Dramatic footage showed demonstrators swarming the building as Congress members were escorted to safety by police.

READ MORE: Donald Trump resignation: VP to pardon US President if declared ‘unfit

Twitter said the three tweets were removed under the “severe violations of our Civic Integrity policy”.

The company said the US leader’s account would remain locked for good if the tweets were not removed.

Twitter added: “Future violations of the Twitter Rules… will result in permanent suspension of the @realDonaldTrump account”.

The social media company has declined to comment on this matter, but it is likely Mr Trump or a member of his team has taken action to restore his account after the 12-hour ban ended.

READ MORE: Ex-Trump supporter warns violence in US to continue after deadly clash

The ban ended officially at 7am Washington time (12pm GMT) but Mr Trump has yet to return to the social network.

On Facebook, Trump’s suspension for the same posts will last a full 24 hours, the social network said.

Mr Trump’s account is also suspended on Instagram, the picture-sharing platform owned by Facebook.

Facebook’s vice president of integrity Guy Rosen, meanwhile, tweeted that Mr Trump’s video had been removed entirely from the platform.

He said: “We removed it because on balance we believe it contributes to rather than diminishes the risk of ongoing violence.”

Mr Trump’s video was also removed from YouTube for violating its policies on election integrity.

The Google-owned video platform operates a three-strike system where channels are suspended for an increasing duration at each strike until they are eventually permanently removed.

YouTube spokesperson Farshad Shadloo said: “We removed a video posted Wednesday afternoon to Donald Trump’s channel that violated our policies regarding content that alleges widespread fraud or errors changed the outcome of the 2020 US election.

“We do allow copies of this video if uploaded with additional context and sufficient educational, documentary, scientific, or artistic (EDSA) value.”





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

78 − 75 =