Donald Trump hints at comeback after being cleared of inciting mob siege | World | News

In a statement issued from his Mar-a-Lago home, Mr Trump said: “In the months ahead I have much to share with you, and I look forward to continuing our incredible journey together to achieve American greatness for all of our people.” Earlier on Saturday, US senators voted 57-43 in favour of impeaching the former President. Mr Trump had been charged with “incitement to insurrection” after an angry mob of his supporters forced their way into the Capitol building on January 6 after attending his political rally. 

 

However, the votes fell some way short of securing a conviction, which requires a two-thirds majority of the 100 senators.

The 45th US President added: “”We have so much work ahead of us, and soon we will emerge with a vision for a bright, radiant, and limitless American future.”

He accused his Democratic opponents of breaking the law, of disrespecting law enforcement officers and being unable to tolerate view points different from their own.

He said: “”I always have, and always will, be a champion for the unwavering rule of law, the heroes of law enforcement, and the right of Americans to peacefully and honourably debate the issues of the day without malice and without hate.”

More to follow…..





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

55 − = 53