Canucks game against Flames called off with 2 players, coach in COVID-19 protocols

The NHL postponed Wednesday night’s game between the Vancouver Canucks and Calgary Flames — the second time in just over a week the North Division’s schedule has been impacted by COVID-19.

Canucks forward Adam Gaudette was pulled from Tuesday’s practice following a positive test result.

Vancouver and Calgary were preparing as if the game would still go ahead, but the league said in a press release less than two hours before puck drop a second Vancouver player was added to the league’s COVID-19 protocol list after it was released at 5 p.m. ET Wednesday.

The NHL said a member of the team’s coaching staff has also entered protocol.

The league said the decision to postpone was made by medical teams from the NHL, NHL Players’ Association and the Canucks.

The Montreal Canadiens had four games postponed last week when forwards Jesperi Kotkaniemi and Joel Armia were added to the protocol list.

Also Wednesday, the Western Hockey League announced the Kelowna Rockets have had all activities suspended for a minimum of 14 days following six additional positive COVID-19 tests, taking the total to seven within the club after a positive test one day earlier.

The WHL says the positive COVID-19 test results belong to two staff members and four players.

In accordance with the WHL’s return-to-play protocol, the Rockets have immediately isolated and are being tested, and anyone with close contact has been instructed to self-quarantine and monitor symptoms for 14 days.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

5 + 2 =