Bethesda has announced its plans to end Season 3 and launch Fallout 76 Season 4, complete with new cosmetics and missions.
The Locked and Loaded update for Fallout 76 promises plenty of changes, with the development team closing down Season 3 with a Caps a Plenty event.
Ending at 5pm BST today, Vault-dwellers can still flog all their unwanted Loot and gear to their favourite Vendors for twice the usual number of daily Caps.
2,800 Caps will be available throughout Caps-A-Plenty, so be sure to sell off your wares each day until the event ends on April 26.
And the end of Season 3 will be quickly followed by the release of the next major Fallout 76 update.
Bethesda has confirmed that the Fallout 76 Season 4 release date has been set for Tuesday, April 27.
A message from Bethesda adds: “We’ll be rejoining Armor Ace and the Power Patrol for Fallout 76 Season 4.
“On the new “Armor Ace in Cold Steel” Scoreboard, our intrepid defender of liberty heads north to square off against the fearsome Commissioner Chaos and his rogue band of robots, the Yukon Five.
“In what’s sure to be a battle for the ages, Armor Ace and the Power Patrol will go toe-to-toe with each of the Five, one-by-one. Will Armor Ace best the bots, or will the Commissioner deliver a knockout punch to our heroes? Be sure to rank up this Season to follow along with their frigid rivalry.”
We don’t have a set time for when the next Fallout 76 update will be released but based on previous launches, we would expect the new Locked and Loaded content to be live by 7pm BST on Tuesday.
Here is what the new Fallout 76 update will include:
S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Loadouts – Adapt your characters to every new challenge you face in Appalachia with S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Loadouts. After level 25, you can use a “Punch Card Machine” in your C.A.M.P. and at Train Stations to completely reset your S.P.E.C.I.A.L., change up your Perk Cards, and then name and save your new setup into one of two loadout slots.
C.A.M.P. Slots – The addition of C.A.M.P. Slots will allow you to build out a brand-new home in Appalachia without giving up your existing abode. We’ve also made significant adjustments to Display Cases and Vending Machines so that they’re more flexible when you’ve got more than one C.A.M.P. Watch our Dev Dive video and read this article to learn all about C.A.M.P. Slots and S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Loadouts directly from the dev team.
Daily Ops Expansion – Featuring an all-new game mode, new locations, enemies, mutations, and rewards, this update nearly doubles every aspect of Daily Ops.
Mannequins – Are your outfits gathering dust in your Stash? Put some of your favorites on display for all of your C.A.M.P. visitors to admire with a set of male and female Apparel Mannequins, which you can unlock by ranking up this Season.
Aim Assist – We’ve added an Aim Assist toggle to the game settings so that players who use controllers can set their sights on enemies and stay on target a little more effectively.
World Activity Updates – Stay on top of all the action in your current world with updates to the World Activity Menu, which will now display active events, nuke zones, nearby player Vendors, and more.
Crafting Sliders – Forge a whole stack of items all at once with the new slider that will appear when you’re hard at work crafting at your Workbenches.
Melee Improvements – We’ve made some tweaks and improvements for melee and unarmed attacks so that your strikes ring true more consistently.
Treasure Hunter Rewards – Treasure Hunter Mole Miners are always uncovering new valuables in the Wasteland. Following the update, their Mole Miner Pails have the chance to drop some brand-new rewards during “Hunt for the Treasure Hunter” events.
A list of new content coming to Fallout 76 includes 100 ranks for you to achieve, and a broad assortment of rewards that you can claim when you rank-up during your Season journey.
And here’s a rundown of the new Season 4 content releasing this week:
- Mannequins – Flaunt some of your favourite outfits with a set of male and female Mannequins for your C.A.M.P.
- Power Armor – Align yourself with Commissioner Chaos by stepping into Yukon Five themed Power Armor paints.
- Weapon Skins – Strike fear into your foes with the Death’s Breath Flamer Skin. You’ll also be able to earn new paints for the Gatling Plasma, Lever Action Rifle, and more.
- C.A.M.P. Objects – Farm your very own Honey with the new Beehive. Then, dazzle your visitors with the Tree Branch Chandelier, new Wallpapers, Floors, and even a Gold Toilet!
- Nuka-Cola Collectron – With this new bot in your CAMP, you won’t need to spend any more time scavenging the Wasteland for a refreshing Nuka-Cola.
- Backpack Flairs – Show off your love for the Power Patrol by decorating your backpack with action figures of your favourite characters.
- Tadpole Badges – Fill your Tadpole Scout Sash with even more badges by ranking up, and then turn them in at a Pioneer Scouts Vending Machine to claim Scout-themed rewards.
- Sugar-Free Nukashine – All the benefits of everyone’s favourite party beverage, with none of the syrupy aftertaste (or sudden memory loss)!
- Carry Weight Booster – Take a swig of this buffed up brew to carry an additional 50 pounds for 30 minutes.