QPR 1 – 1 N Forest

Jack Colback hit a dramatic late equaliser as Nottingham Forest held QPR to a 1-1 draw at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium on Friday night.

A tightly-contested encounter looked to have been settled in first half injury time, when ex-Forest winger Albert Adomah picked out Lyndon Dykes, who headed home unmarked (45+5).

But the visitors had other ideas as they chased a fifth straight win away from home and managed to get a point on the board when Colback’s strike took a deflection and nestled in the back of the net (90+1).

Regardless of the points dropped, Rangers move into the play-off places ahead of the remainder of the weekend’s action, while Steve Cooper’s Forest climb above his former club Swansea into 15th.

How Forest rallied to earn a late point in the capital

To begin with, it was Forest who looked the more likely. With 15 minutes gone, Brennan Johnson had a penalty appeal turned down when he went down under pressure from Yoann Barbet in the box and within moments, Joe Lolley saw a dipping volley clawed away by Seny Dieng.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Jack Colback gets an equaliser in the 91st minute to make it 1-1 in Nottingham Forest’s match against QPR.

Not long afterwards, Adomah and Djed Spence got in a tangle in the penalty area, but despite passionate protests from the away contingent, referee Andy Davies opted not to rule in their favour.

While there was little else to separate the teams by way of chances in the first half, QPR were dealt a blow in terms of personnel, with both Sam McCallum and Jordy De Wijs taken off injured well before the break.

But though they could have paid the price for that, it was in the injury-time added on as a result at the end of the first 45 minutes that they took the lead. Adomah – who made 24 league appearances for Forest between 2019 and 2020 – twisted and turned with the agility of a player much younger than 33 and lifted an inviting cross to the back post, where an unmarked Dykes was on hand to head home.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Lyndon Dykes makes it 1-0 to QPR in their match against Nottingham Forest.

The teams exchanged half-chances throughout the second half, with Dykes notably denied a second thanks to a last-ditch challenge from Spence. But Forest continued to apply the pressure and got their reward in the end, when Colback seized on a misplaced clearance and struck the back of the net via a deflection to earn his side a share of the spoils.

What’s next?

Nottingham Forest are back in action at 7.45pm on Tuesday, November 2, when they welcome Sheffield United to the City Ground, while QPR return at 7.45pm the following day, when they travel to South Wales to take on Cardiff. Both fixtures will be available to watch on Sky Sports Football Red Button.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.